Text Dependent Analysis (TDA) Bootcamp - Event Information
Return to Complete Event List
Show Event Calendar for Curriculum, Assessment & Regional Education Services | Search Events for Curriculum, Assessment & Regional Education Services
Event Date and Time
90 Lawton Ln
Milton, PA 17847
In this 2 day session educators will sharpen their skills in identifying and instructing the 3 TDA component parts: reading comprehension, analysis and writing. The TDA Learning Progressions will be used with actual student TDA responses to practice planning next instructional steps at each level. Writing a quality TDA prompt, teaching analysis and inferencing are some of the practical goals of this training.
- Evaluate a model TDA lesson for their grade level
- Hone their skills of identifying proficient and above level analysis in student writing
- Write a quality TDA prompt to use with their classroom texts
- Learn scaffolding instructional practices to move students in their ability to comprehend a complex text, annotate the text, have collaborative discussions, analyze and write a quality TDA response.
- Have a complete library of TDA lessons, replacement units and resource materials to reference for instructional practices of the TDA.
Date: August 8-9, 2023
Location: Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Act 48: 11.0 hours will be awarded
Target Audience: Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Administrators, Reading Specialists Gr 3-9
Registration is open for this event until Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 11:00 am.