Act 48 of 1999 requires all Pennsylvania educators holding a Pennsylvania public school certification including Instructional I and II, Educational Specialist I and II, Administrative, Supervisory, Letters of Eligibility and all vocational certificates to participate in ongoing professional education. All certificated education professionals must complete 180 Act 48 hours every five (5) years.
Pennsylvania Department of Education’s (PDE) policy requires 100% attendance for Act 48 to be earned. Instructors may grant exceptions in emergency situations; however all requirements must be fulfilled. Participants who are absent more than once during a course will not be eligible for credit. Participants who leave a workshop early may not receive credit of the Act 48 hours advertised.
The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit is proud to be a PDE-approved provider of Act 48 and continuing professional education.
To view your Professional Education Record (Act 48) or if you need any Act 48 related forms, please click the links listed below.
Professional Education Record Management System (PERMS)
- PDE Act 48 Record Management System (click to get your PPID#)
PDE Act 48 Related Forms:
- PDE Form 338U (for educators with a teaching certificate issued before 1967)
- PDE Form 338AC (Address Change Application)
- PDE Form 338D (Name Change)
- PDE Form 338R (Voluntary Inactive Certification)
- PDE 338 R-2 (Application for Removal of Voluntary Inactive Status)
- PDE 338 R-3 (Request for Extension-Extenuating Circumstances)