Addressing Learning Disabilities in Education - Event Information
Event Date and Time
DESCRIPTION: Participants will have the opportunity to further understand what learning disabilities are, how they are identified, and how they are managed in the educational setting. Through viewing videos, examination of research, discussions among colleagues, review of legal cases, assessment of student case studies and development of sample lesson plans, standards aligned IEP goals, accommodations and modifications, participants will have tools to implement strategies within their classroom to promote student achievement for all students with learning disabilities. Topics include Pennsylvania's Resiliency/Wellness Framework elements of high expectations for students with learning disabilities, meaningful student engagement among students with learning disabilities, connectivity and bonding with students with learning disabilities, skills for life for our students with learning disabilities, clear and consistent boundaries for our students with learning disabilities as well as unconditional support for these students.
This is an asynchronous virtual course offered via Schoology. All registrants will receive information via email on how to access the course
In order to run this event, we must have a minimum of 3 registrants.
- Dates: December 1 to December 22, 2023 (this is an asynchronous virtual course offered via Schoology).
- Cost: $475 per person
- Target Audience: K-12 educators
- Registration Deadline: November 29, 2023 by Noon
- Credit Course: 3.0 cpe credits (equivalent of 90.0 hours) - attendance and completion of the embedded work.
- Evaluation: a link will be sent to your email on the last day of this event. We value your opinion and ask that you complete this evaluation so that we may access interest in futures professional development offerings.
- Credit Card: If you choose this payment option, please be advised that if you are a district and have several staff attending, our system does not allow for group registrations at this time. For credit card refunds, please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- P.O. (Purchase Order): If you choose this payment option, you authorize the CSIU to bill your district or organization for your attendance at this event. We will not bill your district or organization until after the event. If you do not have a P.O. number when registering, please feel free to place your district or organization name in the space provided. If you are a CSIU employee registering, please place the billing budget code in the space provided.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please confirm by email to: [email protected] by November 29, 2023 to receive a full refund. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email: [email protected]
- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email: [email protected]
Registration is not available for this event at this time.