PREPaRE (Workshop 1) Comprehensive School Safety Planning: Prevention Through Recovery - Event Information
Return to Complete Event List
Show Event Calendar for CSIU | Search Events for CSIU
Event Date and Time
90 Lawton Lane
Milton, PA 17847
In this 1-day workshop participants will learn how to establish and sustain comprehensive school safety efforts that attend to both physical and psychological safety. The workshop addresses critical components needed to develop, exercise, and evaluate safety and crisis teams and plans and conduct building vulnerability assessments. The model also integrates school personnel and community provider roles in providing school-based crisis preparedness and response activities. Additional topics addressed also include media/social media, communication, reunification, students with special needs, culture, and memorials. After this workshop, participants will be better prepared to improve their school’s climate, student resilience, and crisis response capabilities of school personnel. With updated research and strategies, this workshop makes a clear connection between ongoing crisis prevention, mitigation, protection, response, and recovery.
- Start/End Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Cost: $60 per participant materials fee (No Charge for CSIU Public Schools)
- Lunch: will be provided
- Target Audience: PREPaRE Workshop 1 is appropriate for all school personnel who need to understand how the comprehensive school crisis team is organized and functions. This can include but is not limited to school mental health professionals, administrators, teachers, other pupil services personnel, security officers, front office staff, transportation directors, and before and after school activities coordinators.
- Act 48 hours: 6.5 hours
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
- NOTE: Participants will need to complete pre-work (20-30 minutes) prior to the training
- Credit Card: If you choose this payment option, please be advised that if you are a district and have several staff attending, our system does not allow for group registrations at this time. For credit card refunds, please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- P.O. (Purchase Order) If you choose this payment option, we will not bill your district or organization until after the event. If you do not have a P.O. number when registering, please feel free to place your district or organization name in the space provided.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please confirm by email to: [email protected] by Tuesday, June 20, 2023 to receive a full refund. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email to: [email protected]
- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or have questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email to: [email protected]
Registration is open for this event until Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 3:00 pm.