eToole PD Day #2- UDL 6-Step Lesson Planning Process for Online Learning - Event Information
Event Date and Time
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
90 Lawton Ln.
Milton, PA 17847
The Universal Design for Learning (UDL) 6-Step Lesson Planning Process allows educators to design lessons for all levels of learners so they can successfully access and participate in their curriculum. The 6-Step Process: 1) Develop SMART learning goals, 2) Plan with a Learner Variability Perspective, 3) Create UDL-Friendly Assessments, 4) Encorporate Teaching Methodogy through UDL, 5) Use materials and media that will allow for accessibility, 6) Reflect on expertise. This session will walk participants through the 6-Step Process as they create a UDL lesson for their online learners that remove barriers so all learners can succesfully engage and participate in flexible learning opportunities. This session will help develop Universal Design for Learning (UDL) lesson plans for online learning so all students can successfully access and participate in engaging lessons that meets their edcuational needs.
Edcuators will be able to:
- Identify and write a lesson plan using the 6-Steps of the UDL Lesson Planning Process, create SMART goals for learning
- Identify what learner variability is and how to address in lesson planning
- Develop assessments prior to instruction that aligns to learning goals
- Select UDL teaching strategies to design lessons that are accessible and engaging, provide options for presentation, and provide flexibility for expressing what students know and can do as related to learning goals
- Develop methods for progress monitoring and reflection to enhance future lesson designs.
Date: February 2, 2022
Target Audience: eToole District Administrators and Educators teaching and supporting online students (K-12)
Act 48: 6 hours will be awarded
Cost: $0 - Complimentary for all eToole member districts
Registration is open for this event until Friday January 21, 2022 at 11:00 am.