Enhanced Core Reading Instruction ECRI Vocabulary and Comprehension - Event Information
Return to Complete Event List
Show Event Calendar for CSIU | Search Events for CSIU
Event Date and Time
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
90 Lawton Lane
Milton, PA 17847
ECRI Vocabulary and Comprehension
This course will present information and research about evidence-based reading instruction, and describe and model how to use instructional routines to enhance the delivery of core reading instruction in a multi-tiered system of support. This course will provide resources and guidance to build capacity to provide support for quality implementation of the Enhanced Core Reading Instruction (ECRI) vocabulary and comprehension instruction. By the end of this course, participants will (a) understand how to present information and research about evidence-based practices (b) model how to use instructional routines to enhance the delivery of core reading instruction, and (c) be able to use an implementation data collection system to guide continued coaching and PD.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- outline how ECRI vocabulary and comprehension routines are integrated into the reading block structure.
- describe how to use vocabulary and comprehension instructional routines to enhance the delivery of core reading instruction for ALL students.
- collect and use implementation data to support school teams with vocabulary and comprehension instruction delivery.
- describe how to set up classrooms for vocabulary and comprehension success.
- guide school teams to effectively roll-out ECRI vocabulary and comprehension following a schedule.
Format: In-person event at CSIU Main Building
Dates: August 14, 2023 - 8:30am-3:30pm
Location: Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Cost: no cost to area districts
Act 48: 5.5 hours will be awarded
A lunch break will be provided- with lunch on your own.
Target Audience: Regular, Title and Special Education Teachers, Reading Interventionists, Literacy Coaches, Administrators. Teams wanting to begin implementation should send a team from the same grade level K, 1, or 2.
Registration is open for this event until Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 2:00 pm.