Social Studies Networking Session - Event Information
Event Date and Time
Access and utilize the NCSS Ten Themes of Social Studies to better formulate engaging and well formulated lesson plans derived from nationally acknowledged Social Studies themes. Examine the Act 35 and Act 70 legislation and requirements to assist their school’s administration in formulating highly engaging lesson units that meet the state standards in Act 35 and Act 70. Evaluate various forms of assessment and activities geared towards Social Studies curriculum that engage students and produce a clearer data driven decision in formulating more efficient lessons. Analyze and evaluate various forms of distant learning and how effective they were during the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Location: Zoom Training (IMPORTANT: You MUST be registered in the CSIU Registration system to receive the Zoom information provided by email prior to event. This link will be unique and is utilized for Act48 reporting (see Act48 below). You MUST use the same email you registered with when attending the Zoom event.
- Time: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Cost: Complimentary
- Target Audience: K-12 educators
- Registration Deadline: March 1, 2021 by Noon
- Act 48 hours: 1.5 (must attend entire event to earn Act 48 hours. No partial hours will be given. The CSIU will upload Act 48 hours to the PDE PERMS system). Only registered users will receive Act48 hours. Anyone requesting Act 48 hours must provide the correct PPID# and provide proof of attendance (at face-to-face events you must sign-in and sign-out and a Zoom event you must remain in the training the entire length of time).
- Evaluation: a link will be provided by the presenter. Anyone wishing to receive Act48 hours MUST complete an evaluation. The evaluation must be completed by end of day.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Brach Roancransi by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have and difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email to: email@example.com
The CSIU Registration System is fully integrated with Zoom. It is important your account information is current and the email address used is the same in both systems (any discrepency will not track information correctly between the systems and you will forfeit your Act48 hours being uploaded).
Registration is open for this event until Monday March 1, 2021 at 12:00 pm.