Autism in Education - Event Information
Event Date and Time
DESCRIPTION: This course will provide participants descriptions of disorders that fall under the autism spectrum. Participants will review the latest research in the autism field and legal aspects of having students with autism in the classroom. We will explore fostering social competence in students with autism, developing and implementing IEPs for students with autism, and how to best meet these students needs while promoting acceptance from the other classmates. Participants will take with them practical educational and instructional strategies to implement within their classroom.
This is an asynchronous virtual course offered via Schoology. All registrants will receive information via email on how to access the course
In order to run this event, we must have a minimum of 3 registrants.
- Dates: August 2 - August 23, 2022 (this is an asynchronous virtual course offered via Schoology).
- Cost: $475 per person
- Target Audience: K-12 educators
- Registration Deadline: July 26, 2022
- Credit Course: 3.0 cpe credits (equivalent of 90.0 hours) - attendance and completion of the embedded work.
- Evaluation: a link will be sent to your email on the last day of this event. We value your opinion and ask that you complete this evaluation so that we may access interest in futures professional development offerings.
- Credit Card: If you choose this payment option, please be advised that if you are a district and have several staff attending, our system does not allow for group registrations at this time. For credit card refunds, please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- P.O. (Purchase Order): If you choose this payment option, you authorize the CSIU to bill your district or organization for your attendance at this event. We will not bill your district or organization until after the event. If you do not have a P.O. number when registering, please feel free to place your district or organization name in the space provided. If you are a CSIU employee registering, please place the billing budget code in the space provided.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please confirm by email to: email@example.com by July 26, 2022 to receive a full refund. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email: email@example.com
Registration is open for this event until Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm.