Adopting a Growth Mindset in Education (CPE Course) - Event Information
Return to Complete Event List
Show Event Calendar for CSIU | Search Events for CSIU
Event Date and Time
DESCRIPTION: A growth mindset is the belief that intelligence can be developed with effort. Students with a growth mindset understand they can get "smarter" through hard work, the use of effective strategies, and getting help from others when needed. A fixed mindset is the belief that intelligence is a fixed trait handed out at birth. Course participants will review the research about the brain and how the brain, like a muscle, changes and grows in response to challenge. Throughout the course we will explore how we, as educators, can praise students for effort and process rather than praising them for being "smart." Participants will take with them practical strategies to implement whether they are teachers, counselors, speech therapists, nurses, parents, or simply anyone who wants to learn more about fostering a growth mindset in themselves or others.
This is an asynchronous virtual course offered via Schoology. All registrants will receive information via email on how to access the course
In order to run this event, we must have a minimum of 3 registrants.
- Dates: June 16 to July 7, 2023 (this is an asynchronous virtual course offered via Schoology).
- Cost: $475 per person
- Target Audience: K-12 educators
- Registration Deadline: June 14, 2023
- Credit Course: 3.0 cpe credits (equivalent of 90.0 hours) - attendance and completion of the embedded work.
- Evaluation: a link will be sent to your email on the last day of this event. We value your opinion and ask that you complete this evaluation so that we may access interest in futures professional development offerings.
- Credit Card: If you choose this payment option, please be advised that if you are a district and have several staff attending, our system does not allow for group registrations at this time. For credit card refunds, please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- P.O. (Purchase Order): If you choose this payment option, you authorize the CSIU to bill your district or organization for your attendance at this event. We will not bill your district or organization until after the event. If you do not have a P.O. number when registering, please feel free to place your district or organization name in the space provided. If you are a CSIU employee registering, please place the billing budget code in the space provided.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please confirm by email to: [email protected] by June 14, 2023 to receive a full refund. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email: [email protected]
- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email: [email protected]
Registration is open for this event until Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 12:00 pm.