Safety Care Behavioral Recertification Training - Event Information
Event Date and Time
TRAINING TIMES & LOCATIONS
July 7, 2021
8:30-11:30- Theory - Zoom
12:30-3:30 - Physical - IN PERSON at the CSIU
Safety-Care Behavioral Training is supported by applied research on behavior support interventions. Safety-Care provides staff with the skills they need to confidently, safely, humanely, and respectfully enhance the lives of children and students who sometimes exhibit violent or otherwise challenging behaviors. Staff will learn to intervene professionally and therapeutically, using a safe, straightforward effective approach designed to prevent or reverse escalation and avoid restraint. Safety-Care de-escalation skills work effectively with individuals who can communicate verbally and those who can’t. Safety-Care teaches staff to avoid reinforcement of crisis behaviors and at last resort prepares staff to initiate emergency physical interventions. Staff learn to manage aggression and other dangerous physical behaviors using a comprehensive set of physical procedures that are safe, effective, brief, and operate on the principle of the “least restrictive alternative”. Please note: Participants must be in attendance the duration of the training times to receive Safety-Care certification.
Safety-Care skills training is highly specific and competency-based.
- Staff will be provided a general introduction to the course, working within a regulatory framework, causes and conditions associated with challenging behavior, the reinforcement model of behavior, and how staff can inadvertently reinforce challenging behavior.
- Staff will be provided a broad set of methods for reducing the likelihood of behavioral crisis and improving staff safety.
- Staff will learn methods for identifying crisis and stopping or reducing their intensity. This includes detecting antecedents, predicting behavior, and seeking assistance.
- Staff will learn how to safely cope with a serious behavioral incident including physical safety skills, releases, and alternatives to releases.
- Staff will learn recovery procedures such as debriefing with staff and the individual.
Cancellation Policy Notification of event cancellation will be made by email to all registrants. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure their information with the CSIU is up-to-date. Contact Information: If you have any questions, or need to cancel your registration please contact Pamela Inch via email to email@example.com or by calling 570-523-1155, extension 2210
Registration is open for this event until Monday June 28, 2021 at 11:00 am.