Comprehensive School Threat Assessment Guidelines (CSTAG) Training-CSIU Districts & CSIU Staff ONLY - Event Information
Event Date and Time
CSIU Conference and Learning Center
90 Lawton Lane
Milton, PA 17847
School threat assessment teams will be trained in a one-day workshop conducted by staff from the Center for Safe Schools. CSTAG training enables school-based teams to evaluate student threats of violence, quickly resolve less serious transient threats, and take appropriate action in response to more serious, substantive threats. School teams usually consist of school administrators, mental health professionals (counselors, psychologists, social workers) and law enforcement officers. One or more school systems can train all of their teams in one workshop.
Thousands of schools in 35 states have received this training. The CSTAG model has been evaluated in two field-test studies and six controlled studies published in refereed journals. These studies have found that schools using CSTAG are able to resolve threats safely and effectively, allowing almost all students to return to school. Studies have also found that schools have lower suspension rates and fewer alternative school transfers, with no racial/ethnic disparities for Black and Hispanic students. Students report fewer bullying incidents, greater willingness to seek help for bullying and threats of violence, and more positive perceptions of school climate than students in control group schools.
- Cost: Complimentary
- Lunch: Will be provided
- Target Audience: School administrators, mental health professionals (counselors, psychologists, social workers) and law enforcement officers
- Registration Deadline: September 28, 2022 by 3:00 pm
- Act 48 hours: 7.0 hours. The CSIU will upload Act 48 hours to the PDE PERMS system at the conclusion of this event.
- Evaluation: A link will be sent to your email the day of this event. We value your opinion and ask that you complete this evaluation so that we may access interest in futures professional development offerings.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please confirm by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2022.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Rae Ann Crispell by email to: email@example.com
- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is not available for this event at this time.