TDA: Getting to the Core of Student Struggles - Event Information
Event Date and Time
This training will use a Student Work Analysis Protocol that will identify each student's progress in close reading, analysis, and writing using the TDA Learning Progressions. Tools to graph student skills in order to plan small group and whole group instruction will be used. Resources and strategies will be presented to move students through their struggling points.Challenges with Informational TDA's will be addressed. Teachers are strongly encouraged to bring their student's essays to the training. Participants will:
• Do Student Work Analysis with the TDA Learning Progressions to target specific learning needs using several pieces of student work (may bring their own students’ essays)
• Know how and when to create “needs” groups;
• Develop differentiation strategies based on information from the TDA Learning Progressions
• Gain tools to teach Informational TDAs: CER (claims, evidence, and reasoning); text structures and graphic organizers
-----Target Audience: Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Administrators, Curriculum Coordinators, Reading Specialists Gr 3-8
-----Cost: $100 per person
-----Lunch: will be on your own
-----Act 48 hours: 5.0 (requirements are as follow:
-100% attendance (no partial hours will be given)
- All attendees must sign-in and initial-out on the roster provided the day of the event.
- Your seven- digit PPID must be provided and must be correct.
- The CSIU will upload Act 48 hours to the PDE PERMS system
-----Cancellation/Refund: If you are unable to attend this event, please notify us by email in order to receive a full refund by no later than 9:00 am Tuesday,
February 18. 2020. For credit card payments, refunds will be processed by to your card. Please allow 4-7 week for processing. If your payment method was
Purchase Order, please note that districts will not be billed until after the conclusion of the event.
In the event of inclement weather, the primary notification source will be:
(1) Primary Source - by 6:30 am - automated announcement on the CSIU's main telephone greeting (570) 523-1155, Option 9
(2) Secondary Source - an email from the CSIU Registration System sent to all registered users.
Registration is open for this event.