CSIU Literacy Networking & Collaboration Session - Event Information
Event Date and Time
The intent of these sessions is to keep teachers in the field of literacy, updated on what current research that has proven to work in the areas of assessment, intervention, and instruction for all readers.
- Engage in professional discourse around a specific topics of teaching and learning.
- Discuss the importance of literacy instruction and intervention, using data to drive instructions and intervention implementation models.
- Share implementation strategies that support students in reaching the Common Core State Standards
- Discuss the deep foundational knowledge necessary to understand how students learn to read, write, and spell—and why some of them struggle
- Discuss the brain research incorporated when learning to read and some exciting instruction and interventions that have been developed to help all readers.
- October 5, 2021- 11:30am - 12:30pm - Virtual (zoom link will be provided)
- November 2, 2021- 9:00am - 12:00pm - Face 2 Face at CSIU
- January 4, 2022 - 11:30am - 12:30pm - Virtual (zoom link will be provided)
- March 1, 2022 - 11:30pm - 12:30pm - Virtual (zoom link will be provided)
- April 27, 2021 - 9:00am - 12:00pm - Face 2 Face at CSIU
Act 48: Up to 9 hours will be awareded for sessions attended (attendance is not required at all sessions)
Cost: No Cost
Target Audience: Reading/Literacy Specialists, Reading Interventionists, Literacy Coaches, Regular and Special Education Teachers, Administrators
For more information or questions, please contact Kim Meiss- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is open for this event until Monday April 25, 2022 at 11:00 am.