Enhancing Core Reading Instruction (ECRI) K-2 Foundation Training - Event Information
Return to Complete Event List
Show Event Calendar for CSIU | Search Events for CSIU
Event Date and Time
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
90 Lawton Lane
Milton, PA 17847
Enhanced Core Reading Instruction™ is a multi-tiered program (Tier 1 and Tier 2) featuring a series of teaching routines designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of reading instruction in kindergarten, first and second grade. ECRI increases the level of explicitness of core reading instruction by redesigning the core reading program to focus on critical reading content, to be clear and systematic, and to provide deliberate and frequent practice opportunities (Baker, Fien, Baker, 2010; Carnine, Silbert, Kame’enui, 1997; Kame’enui, Carnine, Dixon, Simmons, & Coyne, 2002). Further, through an additional daily, 30-minute, small group intervention, at-risk readers are pre-taught critical content that appears in the next day’s core reading lesson, and are provided with more practice opportunities to learn critical reading skills and concepts. In small group lessons, at-risk readers are provided highly interactive and engaging learning opportunities.
Participants will receive a hard copy of the ECRI training workbook.
Participants will be able to:
• Identify the critical components of beginning reading instruction
• Understand how and why using instructional routines can enhance current core reading instruction
• Understand how to align Tier 1 and Tier 2 reading instruction
• Identify, describe, and demonstrate the explicit instructional elements of reading instruction incorporated into each ECRI routine
• Demonstrate the delivery of instructional routines
• Articulate how and why using instructional routines can enhance their current core reading instruction
Format: In-person event at CSIU Main Building
Dates: September 20 & 21, 2022 - 8:30am-3:30pm
Location: Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Cost: no cost to area districts- 2 seats per district (non-public entities are welcome, however, there may be a fee for attendance). Please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini at [email protected] for pricing details.
Act 48: 11 hours will be awarded
A lunch break will be provided- with lunch on your own.
Target Audience: Regular, Title and Special Education Teachers, Reading Interventionists, Literacy Coaches, Administrators. Teams wanting to begin implementation should send a team from the same grade level K, 1, or 2.
Registration is not available for this event at this time.