Designing Effective Adult Learning Series (POSTPONED) - Event Information
Event Date and Time
90 Lawton Lane
Milton, PA 17847
Contact Phone: (570) 523-1155
Contact Email: [email protected]
URGENT: DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. START DATE WILL BE MOVED TO DECEMBER 1, 2022 (SESSION 1), DECEMBER 7, 2022 (SESSION 2) AND TBD (SESSION 3). PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE DATES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL NOVEMBER 23, 2022. ONCE DATES HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE PRESENTER, ALL REGISTRANTS WILL RECEIVE A EMAIL CONFIRMATION.
DESCRIPTION: This is a three-day event where participants will:
- Session 1 (December 1, 2022) - explore adult learning principles that are integral to establishing effective professional learning. This session will actively engage participants in identifying and planning for professional learning that assesses knowledge and learning gaps, builds a "compelling why" to incorporate new information/skills, and provide skill-building activities and opportunities for practice for effective learning transfer. Participants will leave this session with facilitation techniques for whole and small group learning with adults.
- Session 2 (December 7, 2022) - engage in this session by building best practices in working with adult learners using hands-on application and practice with the facilitation strategies. During session 2, participants will analyze professional learning sessions and will begin mapping out plans for a district or workshop series.
- Session 3 (TBD) - work to develop whole-day as well as half-day professional learning sessions for their professional settings. This session will help participants to design and refine a session they are ready to facilitate, as well as map out a professional learning progression.
- Dates: December 1, December 7, and TBD.
- Cost: $100 per person
- Lunch: will be provided
- Who: K-12 school leaders.
- Registration Deadline: November 23, 2022
- Act45/48: 19.5 Act 48 hours
- Evaluation: a link will be sent to your email at the conclusion of this event. We value your opinion and ask that you complete this evaluation so that we may access interest in future professional development offerings.
- Credit Card: If you choose this payment option each registrant will have to pay separately. Our system does not allow currently allow for group registration. For credit card refunds, please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- P.O. (Purchase Order): If you choose this payment option, you authorize the CSIU to bill your district or organization for your attendance at this event. We will not bill your district or organization until the conclusion of this event. If you do not have a P.O. number when registering, please feel free to place your district or organization name in the space provided. If you are a CSIU employee registering, please place the billing budget code in the space provided.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
- Refunds will be granted to registrants who cancel their registration via email to [email protected] no later than Wednesday, November 23, 2022. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- CSIU reserves the right to cancel the training. In the unlikely event that this occurs, participants will receive a full refund.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email: [email protected]
- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email: [email protected]
Registration is not available for this event at this time.