TDA Institute - Event Information
Event Date and Time
The TDA Institute participants will sharpen their skills in identifying analysis and other critical TDA components by examining student responses. They will build strategies that address each student’s areas for growth. Grade level TDA worthy texts, prompts, and lesson plans will be available to all. Participants will have access to all the Center for Assessment TDA materials including the most recent - Modeling the TDA Response and the TDA Replacement Unit. Please take This Survey upon registration so presenters can target learning needs.
- Engage in student work analysis: evaluating TDA responses using both the Learning Progressions to identify student strengths and needs and the PSSA rubric to clarify expectations
- Gain a working understanding of analysis and strategies to teach it in grades K-8
- Identify characteristics of a complex text and select one to use in the classroom
- Collaborate to strengthen the quality of teacher created prompts
- Give a TDA to students to bring to Session 2 for analysis (if this is not possible, there will be student responses provided)
- Deconstruct PSSA prompts to know what is being asked and determine what learning is needed in previous grade levels to support success on the TDA
Dates: November 17, 2021, January 13, 2022, February 8, 2022 (must attend all 3 dates)
Time: 8:30am - 3:00pm
Act 48: 16.5 hours will be awarded
Registration is open for this event until Monday November 15, 2021 at 8:00 am.