Promoting Children's Success: Building Relationships and Creating Supportive Environments - Event Information
Event Date and Time
This is a full day training on implementing Preschool Wide Behavior Support for Preschool Age Children. The day will focus on Tier one supports to the overall classroom environment to provide a strong foundation for supporting young children in developing appropriate social emotional skills.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of building relationships with children, families and colleague,
- Describe the relationship between children’s social emotional development and challenging behaviors
- Describe how challenging behavior serves a function for children
- Describe the relationship between environmental variables, children’s challenging behaviors, and social emotional development.
- Identify strategies that can be used to build positive relationships with children, families, and colleagues, design environments
- schedules and routines, structure transitions, help children learn rules and routines and plan activities that promote engagement.
- Use descriptive acknowledgement and encouragement to support children’s positive social behaviors, evaluate their work with children related to building relationships and the structure and design of their environment. They will generate strategies for addressing areas where they need to make changes or improvements.
Registration is open for this event until Monday March 1, 2021 at 11:00 am.