SCM Instructor Certification Training - Event Information
Event Date and Time
90 Lawton Ln.
Milton, PA 17847
The SCM Instructor Certification Training Program is a rigorous, five-day learning experience where participants learn prevention, intervention and after-action strategies that are the core of SCM. Participants will be exposed to a variety of supportive information and concepts central to providing instruction in SCM. Participants will receive an Instructor’s Manual that provides a model curriculum for SCM Staff Training. In addition, participants will be granted access to our Instructor’s Website which contains files to download such as: slideshows, an Emergency Safety Physical Intervention video, training agendas, case studies, various templates, handouts, sample tests and so much more!
This program certifies successful participants as SCM Instructors for their organization/school. SCM Instructors are required to attend 2-day SCM Instructor Recertification Training Programs on an annual basis.
- Participants will be able to identify the components of a well-organized service delivery program, the importance of providing structure and how to use positive strategies to build relationships.
- Participants will be able to utilize individual and group assessment to help understand the behaviors and needs of individuals
- Participants will be able to identify the phases of crisis events, know where staff should intervene and how to use appropriate and effective intervention strategies.
- Participants will be able to identify the nature, dynamics and categories of challenging behaviors and how to reduce their frequency.
- Participants will be able to articulate, create and use the elements of function-based behavior support planning.
- Participants will be able to identify counter aggressive tendencies and learn how to control them.
- Participants will learn how to use non-verbal, para verbal and verbal intervention techniques in order to direct behaviors and assist individuals in regaining emotional control.
- Participants will learn how to promote safety when a situation is critical and emergency safety physical interventions become necessary. If such an emergency arises, SCM provides an integrated and flexible system of emergency safety interventions, which can be taught in part or in total according to need. SCM techniques have been medically reviewed, approved and have no pressure on critical body parts.
Participants will learn these various emergency safety physical intervention techniques in order to provide staff with a response capacity to meet the unique differences that exist in real life situations. In addition, participants will be able to list and define the safety areas associated with monitoring emergency safety physical interventions.
- Participants will learn proper documentation and post intervention debriefing techniques for individuals/students and staff. - Participants will learn the issues organizations must consider when introducing SCM including: crisis intervention policies, training policies, supervision policies, documentation policies and evaluation policies.
- Participants will learn how to teach the Safe Crisis Management Program to staff at their organization/school.
---Participants should wear comfortable clothing - tee shirts, sweatpants, and supportive footwear (i.e. sneakers).
Date/Time/Location June 21-25, 2021 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit, 90 Lawton Ln. Milton PA 17847
Target Audience Staff who need the initial trainer certification training
Refreshments/Lunch Morning refreshments and Lunch are NOT provided
Cancellation Policy Notification of event cancellation will be made by email to all registrants. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure their information with the CSIU is up-to-date Withdrawal prior to 2 weeks before the course: Full Refund Withdrawal prior to 1 week before the course Partial Refund (1/2) Withdrawal 2 days prior to course: No Refund Contact Information: If you have any questions, or need to cancel your registration please contact Pamela Inch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 570-523-1155, extension 2210
INCLEMENT WEATHER: For inclement weather notifications and updates, please refer to any of the options listed below: --- CSIU main website (www.csiu.org) --- CSIU Facebook page --- Call In - by 6:30 am - automated announcement on the CSIU's main telephone greeting (570) 523-1155, Option 9
Registration is open for this event until Monday May 24, 2021 at 8:00 am.