CPE Course Teaching Analysis: The Chain of Reasoning - Event Information
Event Date and Time
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
90 Lawton Ln.
Milton, PA 17847
Teaching Analysis: The Chain of Reasoning Course is a blended course—online work and working with a TDA coach. Participants will practice the TDA instructional strategies in their classrooms and create enjoyable and high quality lessons and units as their final projects. Participants will also become skilled at examining student work and identifying all the necessary components in a student essay that would earn a score of 4 on the PSSA. This is a 3 credit course
More information: Contact the CSIU TDA trainer: Chris Mitcheltree at [email protected]
Participation in all sessions is required to receive credit and you will need a substitute for these days. Lunch is on your own.
- Be able to explain the three main TDA skill components and their necessity for preparing students that are college and career ready.
- Become skilled at identifying analysis in student writing and develop techniques to teach students to analyze a text.
- Practice the Student Work Analysis Protocol using the TDA Learning Progressions and plan next steps to grow their students TDA skills.
- Practice TDA instructional strategies in their classrooms and reflect on the outcomes.
- Do a mini action-research using a pre and post TDA assessment to measure student growth over the weeks of their implementation of the TDA strategies.
- Select a text, write a quality prompt, and develop a TDA lesson series or develop a TDA Replacement Unit to use in their classrooms as a final project.
DATE: October 18, 2022 - January 13, 2022
TIME: Virtual- October 18, 2022 *Session Kick Off* (6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.) Face to Face at CSIU - November 2, 2022 & January 12, 2023 (8:30-3:30)
COST: 400.00 per person
CREDIT: 3 Course Credits will be awardered at the completion of the course
TARGET AUDIENCE: 3-8 All Content Areas, 9-12 ELA Teachers, Educators, Instructional Coaches, Reading/Writing Teachers
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 13, 2022
Registration is not available for this event at this time.