Recognizing and Responding to Children at Risk (for School Nurses) - Event Information
Event Date and Time
DESCRIPTION: School nurses play a critical role in cases of suspected child abuse and that is why we have a training program created just for you. Whether you’re new to the field or a seasoned professional, it’s important to know your legal responsibility as a mandated reporter and to focus on the clinical aspects of abuse and neglect.
Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect for School Nurses is a 3-hour program offered through the PA Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics that meets requirements for Acts 31, 126, 48 and 58. The presentation is for groups of at least 12 school nurses and is offered in person or virtually. There is no cost. It is ideal for regional school nurse association meetings and/or district in-service days.. Please note that this is not an online course and is not for individuals.
The course features a presentation team of a physician and county Children and Youth worker with expertise in child abuse assessments. It covers legal definitions of abuse, signs and symptoms, establishing a protocol, documentation and the value of teamwork in recognizing and responding to suspected abuse. While many school personnel would benefit from this training, it is only offered to school nurses and school health practitioners.
- Location: CSIU Conference & Learning Center - Susquehanna B
- Cost: Complimentary
- Target Audience: School Nurses (must have a minimum of 12 registrants)
- Dr. Pat Bruno, Medical Director Child Advocacy Center at Children's Hospital Geisinger
- Lisa Shaffer, Northumberland County Human Services - Children & Youth
- Registration Deadline: August 31, 2021 by Noon
- Evaluation: We value your opinion! A link will be provided during the session via Chat. In order to complete the evaluation, you must be logged into the registration system. Please complete the evaluation and submit within 48 hours.
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email to: email@example.com
- If you have and difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CSIU Registration System is fully integrated with Zoom. It is important your account information is current and the email address used is the same in both systems (any discrepency will not track information correctly between the systems).
Registration is open for this event until Tuesday August 31, 2021 at 12:00 pm.