Transformative SEL Implementation - Event Information
Event Date and Time
DESCRIPTION: CSIU/CSC is offering a unique learning opportunity for the2021-22 school year. Each district is invited to select a group ofeducators who will lead social and emotional learning (SEL)implementation efforts in their school and/or district. Participants in this course will spend the year as part of a multi-district cohort learningabout the fundamentals of systemic and sustainable social and emotionallearning, building adult SEL capacity and making the connection between SEL and school climate. Each session in this series will build on the workdone in previous sessions and all will be delivered through an equitylens that emphasizes trauma-sensitive and restorative practices. By the end of this course, attendees will leave with a solid and evidence-basedimplementation plan to guide rollout efforts throughout the district.
- Location: Zoom Virtual course (IMPORTANT: You MUST be registered in the CSIU Registration system to receive the Zoom information provided by email prior to event. This link will be unique and is utilized for Act48/Act45 and NAW reporting. You MUST use the same email you registered with when attending the Zoom event.)
- Dates/Schedule: This course runs twice each month, except for the March and April sessions, October 6, 2021 through April 6, 2022. Click to view schedule.
- Cost: $990 per person (SMALL GROUPS ONLY)
- Who Should Attend?: Teams of individuals who will be designing, leading, and providing support to build capacity and sustainability of SEL implementation across K-12 classrooms, schools, and districts. One (1) individual on that team should be designated as the SEL lead.
- Participant Capacity Requirements: to run this course a minimum of 30 registrants will be required.
- Registration Deadline: September 22, 2021 by 12:00 pm
- Act 48/Act45/NASW hours: By taking this course, educators are eligible for 50 hours of Act 45 credit, 36 hours of Act 48 credit, or 36 hours of NASW credit. There is also an option to receive three graduate credits through Shippensburg University. Must complete entire course requirements to earn Act 48 hours. No partial credits or hours will be given.
- Credit Card: If you choose this payment option, please be advised that if you are a district and having several staff attending, our system does not allow for group registrations at this time. For credit card refunds, please allow three-four weeks for processing.
- P.O. (Purchase Order) If you choose this payment option, we will not bill your district or organization until after the event. If you do not have a P.O. number when registering, please feel free to place your district or organization name in the space provided.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please confirm by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29, 2021 to receive a full refund. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow three-four weeks for processing.
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Dr. Anthony Serafini by email to: email@example.com--- If you have any difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CSIU Registration System is fully integrated with Zoom. It is important your account information is current and the email address used is the same in both systems (any discrepancy will not track information correctly between the systems).
Registration is not available for this event at this time.