Literacy Networking & Collaborative Session - Event Information
Event Date and Time
DESCRIPTION: The intent of these sessions is to keep teachers in the field of literacy, updated on what current research that has proven to work in the areas of assessment, intervention, and instruction for all readers.
The scientific evidence base on how we learn to read and how to best teach reading has been growing and converging for over 40 years. Students who struggle with reading need specialized instruction in addition to robust regular class instruction. Competent instruction and intervention from teachers can lessen the impact and help the student overcome the most debilitating symptoms.
- Location: Zoom
- Cost: Complimentary
- Target Audience: K-12 Regular Education, Special Ed teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Registration Deadline: January 27, 2021
- Act48 hours: 1.5 hours (must attend entire event. No partial hours will be provided. CSIU will upload hours to PDE PERMS System)
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are unable to attend this event, please cancel your registration by following these steps:
- login to CSIU Registration System
- select MY DASHBOARD
- select the event by clicking on the title
- you should see: I would like to cancel my registration.
- next page will ask: Are you sure you wish to cancel your registration? [Yes, cancel] [No, take me to my dashboard]
- If you have any questions regarding event content, please contact Kim Meiss by email to: email@example.com
- If you have and difficulty creating a user account or questions regarding registering for this event, please contact Audrey Jows by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is open for this event until Wednesday January 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm.