Bringing the Protective Factors to Life in Your Work Virtual Series - Event Information
Event Date and Time
The Strengthening Families™ Protective Factors is a framework developed by the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) over the last decade to prevent child abuse and neglect. This approach helps professionals work with parents to build the following protective factors in their families:
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Concrete support in times of need
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- Social and emotional competence of children
Protective factors are the strengths and resources that families can draw on when life gets difficult, and when robust, strengthen the entire family decreasing the likelihood of maltreatment. Each of the protective factors is essential, but what is most important is how they work together to create strength and stability in families.
This series, Bringing the Protective Factors Framework to Life in Your Work -- A Resource for Action, will provide an in-depth discussion of protective factors and what can be done to create an environment where families can build these factors in their own lives. This training was developed by the Children’s Trust Fund Alliance and is delivered through a partnership among the PA Strengthening Families Leadership Team, the PA Children’s Trust Fund and the PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning, and facilitated by the Center for Schools and Communities.
- Participants will understand the Strengthening Families™ Protective Factors Framework which includes research-based protective factors, strategies and everyday actions.
- Participants will develop an in-depth understanding of each of the protective factors and how they work together to make families strong.
- Participants will be able to identify how the protective factors when robust in families can contribute to preventing child maltreatment.
- Participants will deepen the intentional integration of this strengths-based approach into their work.
Course Logistics and Pre-requisites:
- This series consists of six courses offered in three four-hour sessions which will include breaks.
- Credits offered include Act 48 and NASW.
- Registrants are required to complete an online introduction course prior to the first course meeting. Information to complete this course will be included in the course confirmation email.
- You must create a profile within the CSIU registration system prior to registering for this event. Please note that after you create an account, you must return to the event to register. If you already have a CSIU registration profile, you can proceed with registration. Once registered for the event you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email for the event, you are not registered. Please reach out with any questions.
Center for Schools and Communities strives to create and promote a safe space in which individuals are entitled to participate in all events and activities free of discrimination. Diversity, equity and inclusion are central to our vision of providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment to all participants. We embrace the value of every person, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry or differing abilities.
Registration is not available for this event at this time.