TDA: PSSA Home Stretch Prep - Event Information
Event Date and Time
This training will sharpen the eye of the instructor for the PSSA Expectations and learn how to equip their students to pull all their TDA skills together for a quality polished essay. Teachers will exmaine all levels of student responses and identify where students frequently get off track-organization, not sticking to the prompt, solidifying the analysis. Tools for students to self-check their essay for the component parts will also be explored. Teachers are strongly encouraged to bring their student's essays.
• Examine PSSA 2019 TDA Samplers
• Solidify their instruction to move students from inferencing to analysis in writing
• Learn how to strengthen student writing to include a quality thesis statement for organization and a solid conclusion
• Gain strategies to help students stay focused on answering the prompt throughout the essay
• Gain tools for students to self-check their essay for all the elements
• Do Student Work Analysis with Learning Progressions (practice with student essays-may bring their own))
-----Target Audience: Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Administrators, Curriculum Coordinators, Reading Specialists Gr 3-8
-----Cost: $100 per person
-----Lunch: will be on your own
-----Act 48 hours: 5.0 - requirements are as follow:
-100% attendance (no partial hours will be given)
- All attendees must sign-in and initial-out on the roster provided the day of the event.
- Your seven- digit PPID must be provided and must be correct.
- The CSIU will upload Act 48 hours to the PDE PERMS system
-----Cancellation/Refund: If you are unable to attend this event, please notify us by email in order to receive a full refund by no later than 9:00 am Tuesday,
March 3, 2020. For credit card payments, refunds will be processed by to your card. Please allow 4-7 week for processing. If your payment method was
Purchase Order, please note that districts will not be billed until after the conclusion of the event.
In the event of inclement weather, the primary notification source will be:
(1) Primary Source - by 6:30 am - automated announcement on the CSIU's main telephone greeting (570) 523-1155, Option 9
(2) Secondary Source - an email from the CSIU Registration System sent to all registered users.
Registration is open for this event.